If you still haven’t read Part 1 of this blog, then please click here.
In the first part, we read how we spent one day in Phuket city and the second day we headed to Phi Phi Island. And as per the itinerary, the third and fourth day was reserved for Krabi.
Day 3: Reaching Krabi, Exploring Krabi city & Thai Massage
At around 10 am, we checked out from Sawaddi Patong Resort after having breakfast from the resort. There are also options for vegetarians at the hotel breakfast.
If you are a Muslim, you don’t have to worry much about the Chicken/Mutton being halal or haram since most of the hotels provide Halal food across the city.
Also, if you are a vegetarian, you will get vegetarian food easily across the city but is little expensive than local street Sea food.
The hotel we booked in Krabi was Hula Hula Resort which was at a distance of nearly 175kms from our hotel in Phuket.
But before reaching Krabi, there was an activity left for the day in Phuket i.e. Dolphin Show at Dolphins Bay Phuket. The show started at 11:30 am so we reached there and bought tickets. The ticket price varies from 700 Baht to 1200 Baht for adults depending on the seat you choose. There are no entry fee charges for the children aged 0-3 years. The show duration is 45mts-50mts where you will see dolphins showing amazing tricks, dancing, juggling, painting and more.
Finally, around 3:30-4:00 pm we checked in to the hotel. The hotel room was much better than our Phuket hotel rooms. The ratings for Hula Hula Resort in booking.com is 8.6/10. Uploading the pictures of the hotel room, swimming pool, etc below.
In the evening, we went to the city market, had local street food and had famous Thai Massage.
We had Full Body Thai Massage at 400 Baht in Krabi while it costs us 500 Baht near walking street in Phuket.
Day 4: Four Island Tour in Krabi
We woke up the next day, had breakfast in the hotel and reached Ao Nang beach from where Four Island Tour starts. This tour includes covering four Islands i.e. Phra Nang Cave Beach, Koh Poda Island, Chicken Island, and Koh Tup & Koh Mor Island. You can book the tickets online and price may vary on different sites. The ticket price includes Lunch (Both Veg & Non-Veg) at the beach.
1. Phra Nang Cave Beach
- The Phra Nang cave beach is accessible only by either Long Tail Boats or Speedboats.
- This was the first Island where we stopped for about half an hour.
- This cave is dedicated to Princess Phra Nang.
2. Koh Poda Island
- This was the second Island where we stopped for more than an hour.
- We had lunch and did Snorkeling here.
- The tour guide provided us a life jacket and other equipment required for Snorkeling.
3. Ko Kai Island
- It is most commonly recognized as Chicken Island.
- The Island was named after its appearance which looks like a chicken leg piece.
- This was the third Island but they just show this Island from a distance and not stopped the boat here. We somehow managed to click one good picture.
4. Koh Tup and Koh Mor Island
- This was the last Island where we stopped for about 45mts.
- We still had our Swimming equipment so we did Snorkeling there.
- There is no toilet complex on this Island, so better you do it on either Phra Nang or Koh Poda.
After visiting 4 Islands, they will drop you to Ao Nang Beach from where you have to book a taxi to reach your hotel. Later in the evening, we went to explore the local market. Uploading a couple of pictures below.
Day 5: Phuket City Tour
Today is the last day of our trip in this country, so we had to come back to Phuket to board our flight from here tomorrow. But we still have one day left here to explore the city so we planned a Phuket city tour. The tour includes:
Wat Chalong Temple
- Wat Chalong Temple originally named Wat Chaiyathararam was built in the year 1837 is the Buddhist temple and is amongst the main attraction in Phuket city. It is also amongst the most visited templed across the city.
- The height of the temple is around 60m (around 200 feet).
- There is no entry fee to visit the temple but you have to follow a few of the rules i.e. leaving your shoes outside the temple, being properly dressed, don’t touch the statues.
- It opens daily from 7 am to 5 pm.
- There is a parking facility for Bus, Cars, and two-wheelers.
- Karon viewpoint or Kata viewpoint is the famous tourist spot in Phuket and is being covered in all tourist itineraries.
- It is also known as Three beach Viewpoint because it is possible to take in views of Kata Noi, Kata Yai, and Karon beaches.
- There is no entry fee to the viewpoint.
Cashew Nut Factory
- Here you will get different flavors of cashew.
- If you are not looking to buy cashew, then there is no point in going there.