If you have missed reading the first part of this blog, click here
Past 2 days spent in Goa were good and day 3 was reserved to see some heritage sites i.e. Fort Aguada, Chapora Fort. When you are in Goa, you hardly want to see any heritage sites instead, you just want to lay down on the beach and let the sun hit your face but as per our itinerary we decided to see the forts as well since the iconic Bollywood movie “Dil Chahta Hai” was shot in “Chapora Fort”.
Day 3: Fort Aguada, Chapora Fort & Mandrem Beach
- It was around 7-8 kilometres from our Sinq Beach & Resort so it took us around half an hour to reach us there from our scooters.
- It is the 17th century Portuguese Fort.
- There is no any fee charges to enter the Fort (for both Indian Nationals & Foreigners).
- Visiting Time is 8:30 am to
- Distance from Fort Aguada to Chapora Fort is nearly 17 kilometers and it took us 1 hour to reach there.
- The construction was completed in year 1617.
- The iconic Bollywood movie “Dil Chahta Hai” was shot here.
- There is no entry fee for both Indian nationals and foreigners.
- Timing to visit the fort is 9 am – 5:30 pm.
- You will have to pay for parking. Prices are reasonable.
- From parking area, you will have to walk on stony inclined trek for 15-30 minutes, depends on your walking speed.
- Distance from Chapora Fort to Mandrem beach is 16 kilometers and it took us 45mts to reach there.
- Mandrem Beach is a white sand beach with clear water.
- It is clean, less crowded than other beaches in North Goa.
- Over 70% of the people present there were foreigners. Less Indian people visit this place since many prefer to go Baga, Calangute or Anjuna Beach.
- You can also engage in activities like windsurfing, parasailing, Jet Ski, water skiing or speedboat riding, motorbiking and so on. If you are in a group, you can do banana ride or bumper ride.
Day 4 : Return Flight To New Delhi
Our return Air Asia flight timing was 3:15 pm from Goa International Airport so we checked out from the hotel at around 12:30 pm and reached airport by 1:30 pm and then back to the home.