Being an Indian, it would be my pleasure to tell you all about the magnificent Taj Mahal which falls under the category of “Seven Wonders of World”. It was designated as “UNESCO World Heritage site in 1983“. India is well known for its vast history, diverse culture and ofcourse world’s famous monuments. Unlike other Mughal architectures, Taj Mahal was built from glimmering White & pristine Marbles. Almost 7-8 million people visit this place every year.
History of Taj Mahal
1. Started by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in year 1632, it took almost 20 years to complete this Marvellous architecture.
2. Shah Jahan was the son of Jahangir (originally named Mirza Nur-ud-din Beig Muhammad Khan Salim) and Jagat Gosaini.
3. Shah Jahan built this structure in the memory of his third wife Mumtaz Mahal (Arjumand Banu Begum before marriage).
4. They got married in the year 1612.
5. Mumtaz died while delivering their 14th child Gauhan Ara on June 17, 1631.
6. The construction project employed around 20,000 workers under the guidance of
7. Almost 1000 elephants were also being used to transport the materials from one place to another.
8. The Taj Mahal complex has additional mausoleums, a reflecting pool, a mosque and a beautiful garden.
9. It is believed that it costs nearly 32 million rupees in 17th century which is equivalent to around $1 billion in today’s time.
Best Time to Visit
Winter Season i.e. October to March
Language Being Spoken
Majority of the local people speaks Hindi. Though many people can speak in English too but to speak with local street vendors, Rickshaw puller, Auto/cab drivers and Fruits/ Vegetable sellers you have to be aware of few local Hindi words.
Daytime: Sunrise to Sunset every day (06:00 am to 06:30 pm) except Friday
Night time: 08:30 pm to 12:30 am
Note: It is closed on every Friday.
1. INR 1100 for Foreign tourist.
2. INR 540 for Citizens of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries.
3. INR 50 for Domestic/Indian/OCI Cardholder.
4. Free of cost for children below 15 years.
10 other places you wouldn’t like to miss
1. Agra Fort
2. Mehtabh Bagh
3. Fatehpur Sikri
4. Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb
5. Akbar’s Tomb
6. Wildlife SOS
7. Bageshwarnath temple
8. Octagonal Tower
9. Anguri Bagh
10. Jahangir’s Palace
You can book cheap flights to Delhi by Clicking here